Sunday, January 21, 2018

Conners 1 - January 2028

Brenda's last update/10 year summary/Next update

The Conners Family
Steven is 40, Brenda is 39, Violet is 7 and Iris is 2
(Miles Donovan is 43, Sonya Donovan is 42 and Tara Donovan is 9)
Narrated by Brenda
Next year I'll be turning 40, and I think it's time to start thinking about my career. I love swimming but it's not something I see myself doing until I'm 70. It's a pretty demanding sport.
I'm not sure what I want to do exactly. I would love to continue with sports, and at the moment I'm looking at 2 options: sports agent or coach. I've tried talking to Steven about it, but he has no clue what I should do.
For him everything's fine as long as I'm happy with what I'm doing. I love him for that, but I would love some more input from him on the matter though.
Steven has been pretty busy with work as well. There was an opening to become partner at his firm, and he did everything he could to be picked.
All his hard work payed off, and he was choosen to be one of the partners. We celebrated by going to The Claudette in Linfort.
We hardly ever go out these days. It's been hard to arrange with 2 young daughters at home. But for this occasion we decided to be all fancy.
It's hard to believe that Violet is allready turning 7 this year. She's already so big, and like looking after her little sister.
She does enjoy the moments between us as well. I love the individual time I can get with either of them. Just some time for me and one of them is what I cherrish.
We try to get together with my sister and her family regularly. This time Miles and Sonya had amazing news; they finally got confirmation that they were approved for adoption.
They don't know when they will be getting a child, but at least now they know they are getting one. I know both Miles and Sonya were heartbroken when they were told they couldn't have any more children, and I'm so happy they are able to get their dream.

Notes:
  • So finally the first update of this new simyear! I have this sitting in my drafts for over a week now, I just needed to do the final touches but I just didn't have time! So I'm glad to finally be able to post it.
  • I don't know yet what I'll do with Brenda's carreer. She's definatly switching, seeing her age, but I'm still undecided.
  • Sonya and Miles got approved to adopt and so I will be rolling every month from now to see wen they will be meeting the newest adition to their family.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I always start looking at other careers for my Athletic sims once they reach Brenda's age. My rule is if they haven't got to Assistant Coach level by then, they have to quit. I haven't tried out the Sports Agent career yet, so it should be interesting to see if Brenda decides to go that route.

    Can't wait to see Sonya and Miles's new addition! Will you be getting a baby for them, or an older child?

    ReplyDelete